Noze has digitized the sense of smell. We’ve done for the nose what the camera did for the eyes and the microphone did for the ears. It took six years and some help from NASA, but we did it. Now it’s time for us to bring it to the world.
Are you interested in developing new devices and systems that span over a plurality of technology disciplines and centered around electronic nose? Are you interested in building medical devices? If the iterative process of building and testing device prototypes appeals to you, then this job is for you.
People who succeed at Noze have a sense of urgency, a ton of initiative, infinite curiosity, strong internal drive, and an enthusiasm for bleeding edge tech. If you’re bursting with fresh ideas and want to join a company in its journey to change the status quo, then this opportunity is for you!
Who you are:
You are a hands-on, experienced mechatronics engineer who has designed, prototyped and delivered robust solutions that are based on first principles. You will be a part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists where you’ll play a key role in the design and development of devices that would integrate aspects of fluid control, mechatronics design and basic programming.
If you enjoy being part of a team that tackles a range of technical challenges across areas such as chemo-receptors, advanced sensing materials, IOT architecture and Artificial Intelligence, then this could be the place where you can utilize your experience to have a direct impact on the growth and development of our products.
What you will do:
- Design, prototype and test electromechanical systems for vapor sampling using novel approaches.
- Design, prototype and test devices for medical applications.
- Design and test prototype devices in collaboration with our sensor, product, AI and IOT teams.
- Perform component research, CAD design, prototyping and testing of designed systems.
- Perform design for manufacturing/assembly(DFM/DFA) and design for test(DFT) analysis in close collaboration with our manufacturing partners.
- Support in certification of product at external certified labs
- Fabricate prototypes, while attending to the aesthetic details of the device.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics engineering, electrical engineering or technically similar field.
- 7+ years of experience in the role of designing prototypes. Experience in designing medical devices will be an asset.
- Experience in CAD software, specifically Solidworks.
- Experience in rapid prototyping tools, such as 3D printers, CNC machines and laser cutters.
- Experience with exploring dev/eval boards and rapid testing and evaluation of subsystems and parts for the design of electronics/electrical hardware.
- Skilled with laboratory equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer and specialized test equipment);
- Knowledge of Python or any other programming language will be an asset.
- Experience in technical documentation.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced start-up environment and ability to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Independent, self-starter and with good interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional growth
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including employer paid health and dental benefits for regular, full-time employees
- A generous learning and development budget to attend conferences, classes and other events
- A bunch of other perks that involve food, fun and travel