Noze has digitized the sense of smell. We’ve done for the nose what the camera did for the eyes and the microphone did for the ears. It took six years and some help from NASA, but we did it. Now it’s time for us to bring it to the world.
Are you interested in rolling up your sleeves and taking ownership over a high impact function in our growing company? Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, you will champion all things people and culture across the organization to ensure our people have an amazing end-to-end experience that enables them to do exceptional work.
People who succeed at Noze have a sense of urgency, a ton of initiative, infinite curiosity, strong internal drive, and an enthusiasm for bleeding edge tech. If you’re bursting with fresh ideas and want to join a company in its journey to change the status quo, then this opportunity is for you.
What you will do:
- Support with recruitment activities including job postings, pre-screening of candidates, reference checks and preparation of employment agreements;
- Maintain the team handbook, coordinate on-boarding and lead on-boarding presentations for all new hires;
- Play a central role in keeping our people supported which includes planning and attending employee socials and events, celebrating wins and spearheading employee engagement initiatives;
- Own the company's event calendar (i.e. training, townhalls, staff retreat, etc.);
- Oversee the internship program including onboarding, mid-term check-in and exit interviews;
- Support company wide quarterly feedback sessions and annual performance reviews;
- Act as a first point of contact for employee benefits, payroll and general HR questions;
- Responsible for People & Culture KPIs and metrics dashboard;
- Draft various internal communications, presentations, reports and confidential materials;
- Help maintain core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with the company’s culture and core beliefs;
- Establish and maintain employee files internally and with 3rd party providers.
What you need:
- 3-5+ years of progressive and hands-on HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to prepare highly polished written materials - slide decks in particular.
- High energy and flexibility with experience working in a fast-paced, fluid and high growth environment (extra points for start-up experience)
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- An approachable, friendly demeanour with a knack for building relationships
- Proficient in technology with an ability to learn new software/platforms quickly
- Bilingualism is a strong asset (English/French)
- Experience with Quebec employment and language laws is a plus
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional growth
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including employer paid health and dental benefits for regular, full-time employees
- A generous learning and development budget to attend conferences, classes and other events
- A bunch of other perks that involve food, fun and travel